www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Sunday 17 September 2006

Battle of Britian Airshow - Shoreham Airport

On Sunday we all trooped down to Shoreham Airport, Sussex for the Battle of Britain Airshow. I was a new experience for all of us. I'm not a huge aeroplane fan, but it was another good opportunity to improve my photographic skills.

I discovered quite quickly that aircraft are a pain to capture accurately, made even worse by my slow digital camera. I got around the speed problem by using the multiple image capture setting. This meant that I could pan the camera with the plane and take five shots in a row and hopefully get some of them in the frame & in focus. It seemed to do the trick, but I did end up taking 273 photos as a consequence. This is my highest daily record so far.

The highlight for me was getting to see and hear Spitfires in flight. Quite an emotional experience.


Other aircraft of interest were a Lancaster Bomber.


A Chinook helicopter doing some very un-characteristic stunts.


The Red Devils Parachute team dropped in on us.


There were also lots of daft aerobatic displays.





Regards



Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct

Click Here to Visit my Photoblog

No comments:

Post a Comment