www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Thursday 17 February 2011

Music: Howard Jones

My parents are from a Classical music background and "Top of The Pops" wasn't their thing. As a consequence I didn't really discover pop music until the early 1980's. It was of course an era of electronic music and I was hooked to the great sound of synthesizers.


Howard Jones was (and still is) one of the great keyboard wizards. I have followed his career ever since. Unfortunately, he no longer gets radio airplay.


Here is his first hit release on 17th September 1983 - "New Song"



I enjoyed that so much that I thought I'd post another of my favourites from 1984 - "Pearl in Shell"


And to end this blog I just had to add this master piece. It was released in March 1986 and reached No.16 in the UK charts, but I understand it made No.1 in the USA. It remains today one of my favourite songs. 
"No One Is To Blame". Enjoy.





Regards



Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct
Click Here to Visit my Flickr Account

No comments:

Post a Comment