www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Thursday 17 February 2011

Music: A Passion of Mine

I come from a musical family and you could say it's in my DNA. My tastes are many and varied, but there are some genres I just can't stand.  I'm not a big Opera fan, despite my heritage. I just don't get all that warbling in Italian or German. Having said that I did take my Mum to the Royal Opera house to see Rigoletto for her 70 Birthday. Don't tell anyone, but it was rather good.

Other styles I dislike include Country & Western, Boy Bands (sic) and (C)Rap. In my youth I used to listen to BBC Radio 1 most of the day, but I became increasing bored with it's constant round of nonsensical chart music. I realised that I was listening to BBC Radio 2 and enjoying. That must mean I'm getting old I suppose.


For some time I've been thinking about writing a series of blogs about the music I love, complete with links to videos. I thought about calling it "100 Favourite Songs" or "100 Favourite Artists", but that would just limit my options. Therefore I shall just call the series just simply "Music:". The only problem is knowing where to start!


While I'm writing this in the corner of my dining room, I'm listening to "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin and I'm sure it will be revisited again soon 8-)

Regards



Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct
Click Here to Visit my Flickr Account

No comments:

Post a Comment