www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Saturday 17 February 2007

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I have never read this famous book, but I can assure you that it has nothing to do with Blake’s Seven (A rather good 1980’s Sci-Fi Series).

Having spent two weekends trying to diagnose the fault with my bike, I had to concede defeat and call in the experts. She was picked up by my local bike shop, P&H Motorcycles, the following Thursday and they had the problem sorted in no time flat. All it was just a blocked fuel pipe to two of the carbs and was fixed with a quick blast of compressed air.

I was terrified that I’d have to re-mortgage the cat to pay for the collection and replace, but the whole thing only set me back £10.50. Geoff, the mechanic is now my best friend and I can highly recommend his skills.

Since I’ve had my bike back I’ve noticed a few things. She is now considerably quicker than before and I’m getting 30 miles less to a tank of fuel. That pipe has obviously been partially blocked for quite some time.

And a useful piece of advice regarding the cheap Non-Honda mirror I bought to replace the broken one. It’s terrible. The edges of the glass have serious distortion issues and it won’t stay in the correct position at speeds above Warp Factor 7. Now I understand way the Honda part is so expensive, more than double the price of the one I bought. I think the solution will be to get a second hand original from eBay.

Since our return to the road, the bike and I have now passed the 30,000 mile point. What a machine 8-)

Related Links

P&H Motorcycles

Blake’s Seven fan Club
Regards



Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct

Click Here to Visit my Photoblog

No comments:

Post a Comment