www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Tuesday 26 January 2010

London to Ashford in a flash

Today I when from St. Panceras International station in London to Ashford in Kent on the new Javelin high speed train. It took just 38 minutes platform to platform and was very smooth & comfy indeed. That's how modern train travel should be.



It might not sound all that amazing, but believe me it is. If you compare the journey time with the regular service from Ashford to London Victoria, on a good day it saves you about an hour.

From where I live the train into London takes about an hour and it's far nearer than Ashford. Perhaps I should move to Kent!

Regards
Chris
-------
Posted from my iPhone

Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct

Click Here to Visit my Flickr Account

1 comment:

  1. My old journey from Paddock Wood in Kent to London used to take 45mins to 1 hour. But it was the old slam door stock and people were crammed onto the carriages like livestock. That new train looks fabby.

    ReplyDelete