www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Friday 15 April 2011

Remembering old friends

I met John about 20 years ago, just after I joined the Railway. At first glance you'd think he was just a grumpy bloke, but I got to know him better during a training course he ran at a Hotel in Derby. I learnt an awful lot from him over the course of the next fortnight. Information which I still use on an almost daily basis today.

He retired about 8 years ago and sadly passed away soon afterwards. Today would have been his 70th birthday. Many friends & colleagues of his will be travelling to London to attend a get together in his honour this afternoon. Not only will we be remembering John, but it will be a wonderful opportunity to catch up with old friends. Those whom my path has crossed over the years. After all, the railway industry is a close knit community and it seems to breed some very interesting characters.

As I've traveled through life I've learnt that the people you meet on the way often leave footprints on your soul. Some of those prints are huge and will stay with you forever.

Regards
Chris
-------
Posted from my iPhone

Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct

Click Here to Visit my Flickr Account

No comments:

Post a Comment