www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Monday 28 May 2007

The Building Work Is Nearly Done

We are now a two toilet family and after many years of waiting we finally have our shower installed.

About 10 years ago I started a bathroom refurbishment project, which has taken far too long to complete. I said that I would not start any other projects until it was finished, but my Wife had other ideas. There always seemed to be something better or more important to do. As a consequence it has never been completely finished.

Since the bathroom was started we have done the lounge, dining room, double glazing and last year a down stairs toilet/laundry room extension. Over the last month we have really pulled our fingers out and things have moved along at a huge pace. The shower has been fitted and both the upstairs and downstairs toilets have been fitted. I have to admit that I only did the plumbing for the down stairs loo. We got a plumber in to do the rest.

It does mean that I can now get on with the finishing touches and yesterday I moved the washing machine from the kitchen to the laundry room. Amazingly it was actually a "five minute job", which took five minutes and not my usual two days. My wife was surprised how smoothly it all went. To be honest, so was I.

When I plumbed the extension a few weeks ago I ended up flooding the kitchen twice in one day. The washing machine in comparison was a breeze.

Today I'm supposed to be wiring up the extensions lighting system, but as yet I haven't found the motivation. Catching up on my Blog seems a more inviting prospect. The torch will have to remain a little longer. However, I've promised the wife that I'll fit a new worktop in the kitchen to cover the space left by the washing machine. Me and my big mouth.

Regards



Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct

Click Here to Visit my Flickr Account

No comments:

Post a Comment