www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Tuesday 2 November 2010

My iPhone made me late for work

As I'm sure you are all aware, the clocks went back an hour last Sunday to mark the end of British Summer Time (BST). Yesterday morning (monday) I woke up late for some unknown inexplicable reason and as a consequence I was late for work.

This morning the alarm on my iPhone went off at 7:15am instead of the usual 6:15am, which confused me as it was quite clearly set for 6:15! Weird, I thought.

The answer became abundantly clear when I came across an article about the problem in the Daily Telegraphs iPhone app. Apparently exactly the same thing happened right across Europe too. iOS 4.1 has a bug that affects how the alarm clock works when the clocks go back. The alarm seems to ignore the automated change in the time.

Apple are aware of the problem and plan to fix it in it next iOS update. In the meantime the only cure is to delete all your alarms and set new ones. Just adjusting the existing alarms doesn't cure it.

Daily Telegraph Article

Regards
Chris
-------
Posted from my iPhone

Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct

Click Here to Visit my Flickr Account

No comments:

Post a Comment