www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Sunday 25 June 2006

All Quiet on the Western Front

Those regular readers among you my have noticed that my blog is lagging behind the times. As I mentioned last Friday week, I’ve been taking a much needed sabbatical between jobs. I have been far from idol during this time, but not as productive as I had planned. Here is a brief summary of my recent activities.

  • Watching the Football World Cup

  • Continuing Building Work on Our Extension

  • Undertaking Pre MOT Works on My Bike

  • Watching More Football

  • Running Home Operations During My Wife’s Absence

  • Watching Even More Football


I have managed to make a good dent in the building works required to make a functioning toilet within the new extension, but there is still a long way to go before I can call it finished.

Having spent three days replacing the final drive chain on my bike, she failed her MOT within the first minute of the test. It was the steering head bearings for the third time. This year I WILL have them replaced as adjustment just doesn’t seem to cut it anymore. Unfortunately, they can’t do the work until next week. It looks like I’ll be using the train for work until then.

While at the bike shop I asked the MOT tester to pay particular attention to the chain joint I’d made. It was almost right, but he suggested I re-rivet the joint, just to be on the safe side. I followed his advice and will get him to check it again when I go back for the repairs.

I did however notice a major performance increase while riding her to the MOT. I was shocked that an old chain could slow the bike so much.

Looking after the house and making sure that my son got to school on time with the correct lunch while my Wife was sunning herself in Majorca was a breeze. I don’t know why she makes such a fuss about it. I even remembered to pick him up on time after school as well.

I asked my son if he was missing his Mum. His reply, “No, I’m having too much fun with you Dad!”, amused me greatly.


Regards



Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct

No comments:

Post a Comment