www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Tuesday 27 June 2006

Recycled Employment

I have this week started my new, old job. My new job, because I’ve just started and old because I’ve been here before.

Previous Related Post - As One Door Closes, So Another Opens

My first day was quite a surreal experience, as I mentioned before I worked here for 12 years before having a four year divergence into consulting. The divergence didn’t go the way I had hoped so I decided to go back to a more ‘hands on’ engineering role. Most of the staff here know me and on the whole welcomed me back with open arms.

On my second day I was able to assist with the repair of a test system that we have in the office. It took me a little while to find my feet, but I had it licked before lunch. That has helped boost my confidence and confirm that I have done the right thing in returning.

What I need now is to get on and prove to myself and others that I haven’t lost my energy for the ‘hands-on’ approach.

Here’s looking to the future.


Regards



Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct

No comments:

Post a Comment