www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Saturday 1 July 2006

First week review of my new job

It has been a good week for me, despite the need to use the train during some of this year’s best biking weather.

My transition to the new / old company has been mostly very smooth and I now have more work than I can shake a stick at. The work is a good thing as I’ve spent most of this year in my previous job naval gazing, which is not me. I need to be creating things, whether they are documents, drawings, reports or pieces of equipment. I don’t really care as long as I’m allowed to be creative I’m help.

After work on Friday it was time for my leaving do. A little late I agree, but I’d timed it to coincide with three other staff who were leaving this Friday. We started off at the pub and moved onto an Italian restaurant for the rest of the evening. As is usual at such get togethers, I drank and ate far to much and didn’t feel at my best once I finally found my way home. In fact I still felt quite bloated this morning. Luckily I have quite a low alcohol threshold so there were no little men with hammers present today.

In the great scheme of things I’m an alcohol light weight and rarely drink other than at Christmas. Up until yesterday I’d only had four beers since last Christmas. I do enjoy real ales, but I can’t manage more than a couple at a sitting so don’t often bother. There was a time that I could drink Redbull & Vodka until it came out of my ears (and a few other orifices to boot) and then dance all night. Those nights were usually closely followed by extended calls to God on the big white telephone. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) I can no long do that. Maybe it’s a sign of growing up, perish the thought. A nice cup of tea and a good DVD is more me these days.


I do believe I’m turning into a Grumpy Old Man.

Someone pass me my slippers. I’d get them myself, but my back aches too much.


Regards



Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct

No comments:

Post a Comment