www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Tuesday 30 January 2007

The Damage Appears To Be Greater Than I First Thought

At first I thought the damage caused to my bike during her excursion into my neighbours Hydrangea was limited to a broken mirror and a couple of scratches. This now appears to be an incorrect assumption as she now refuses to run properly.

I have spent the last two weekends trying to diagnose the fault and to best I have managed to come up with is too narrow it down to either the fuel or ignition systems. I’m very disappointed that I have failed. It’s a matter of pride that I (usually) have the ability to fix anything, but I’m currently completely stumped.

My local bike shop tells me that I’ve done all the things they would have tried and gave me a few more ideas. The best I’ve managed is to get her to run for a few seconds, in which time she sounds like a cement mixer and emits un-burnt fuel fumes from the exhaust. This is closely followed by the engine stalling.

As a consequence I’ve had to use the car the get to work, which is very boring and time consuming. I would use the train, but it’s so damn expensive. The bike shop should be picking her up tomorrow and hopefully I maybe back on the road next week.

I can’t wait to see how much it will all cost 8-(


Regards



Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct

Click Here to Visit my Photoblog

No comments:

Post a Comment