www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Tuesday 30 January 2007

The Root Of All Evil

My dentist, a very competent Polish Gentleman, asked me if I’d researched the Internet regarding my ‘Root Canal’ treatment. Being an engineer with an enquiring mind (read as nosey) I do like to know how things work and would normally have done my homework to see what’s involved. However on this occasion I thought I’d leave it until after the event for fear of putting myself off. As it turned out I needn’t have worrying, as I received enough anaesthetic to down an elephant. Even my right ear went numb. After a couple of days had passed, the pain went away and I was able to consume cold drinks and chocolate with impunity.

All was well until last Wednesday when my newly hollowed out, re-shaped and temporary filled tooth decided to lose yet another piece. This time it was from the inside edge and it has broken off right down to my gum. The temporary filling has stayed in place and as far as I can tell, nothing has leaked into the interior of the tooth. I’m no expert, but I suspect that the tooth may now be irreparable. I shall find out on Thursday morning if it’s worth completing the treatment or whether I will loose it.


Regards



Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct

Click Here to Visit my Photoblog

No comments:

Post a Comment