www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Monday 1 May 2006

Homelessness - WanderingScribe

Is Homelessness a real word? Answers on a e-postcard please.

On a more serious note, I recently read a news item on www.bbc.co.uk/news that caught my attention. Amongst all the usual detritus that passes for news in this preverse world of ours was a capitivating story of a homeless woman who has been living in her car since last autumn.

Last year she lost her job and couldn't find work, she got herself into debt. Eventually, unable to pay her rent, she packed all her posessions into her car and just drove away.

Since then she has been living in her car in a quiet London street, on the edge of a wood. She is too proud to ask for help and goes to extreme lengths to discise her situation from people around her. She is suffering great discomfort from sleeping in the front seats of her car and is terrified someone will talk to her or offer help. She wants to sort things out on her own.

Her only contact with people is via a blog like this, which she writes in a library while trying to fill her days.

You can find her blog at,

http://wanderingscribe.blogspot.com/

I found it compulsive reading and felt a real sense on sorrow for her and the many others who unwittingly fall into this type of trap.

'There but for the Grace of God go I'

I wish her well for the future.

Regards.

Chris

1 comment:

  1. At last I am free to tell you all my friends about my wonderful news.
    Come visit my new site at WanderingScribe’s Journey for more details.
    Kindest Regards,
    WS

    ReplyDelete