www.flickr.com
Trance-Elbow's photos More of Trance-Elbow's photos

Saturday 6 May 2006

My Bike Gained a New Accessory on Thursday

Having planned a nice long ride to work on Friday morning I found my bike had gained an unwanted accessory during my trip home the previous evening.

I noticed it as I was getting my bike out on Friday morning. No prizes for guessing where it was hiding. That's right, slap-bang in the middle of my rear tyre and it had made quite a mess going in.

It's not the first time this has happened to me and it always seems to happen at the most inconvenient time. Then again, when is a good time for a punture?

In March last year I had two rear tyre destoryed in the same manner within a two week period. I'm convinced I picked them both up in the A23/Coulsdon By-Pass road works. It made me so paranoid (and broke) that I've found a completely different route to & from work. It may be 5 miles further each way, but it's quicker due to the reduced level of traffic.

This time around I wasn't too annoyed as I was aware that my rear tyre needed replacing soon anyway. After a bit of phoning arround I found a company Guildford Tyre Company in Chilworth, Surrey who did me a great deal. Although it was a 60 mile round trip, their prices are far lower than anyone else nearer home and they did it the same day.

Perhaps it was those insects that left the screw on the road?

Regards.

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment